Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, September 4, 2014

Virtual Refrigerator- Birds and Color Wheel




This week we took a look at representational and Nonrepresentational. We looked at various pieces of work related to birds then choice which type of work it represented. After our little look at art we made some of our own bird pieces.





 


Spirit age 8 . He made a toucan bird.
He wanted his out and in the wild. I don't have his to share because he wrote his name really big across it. You will just have to imagine that one.



This one is mine. A little blue bird in a cage. I have found if I do these projects with the kids they say involved longer and take their time.


This is my little Sweet Peas age 5. I helped her a little cutting strips for her cage. I also helped with the feet and beak. She did the rest.

We had two art lessons this week. The other was on the color wheel. We also talked about complimentary colors. So we made these turtles. The turtle is the color wheel and the outside is their complimentary color . It was quite tricky to figure out but we didn't do to bad. The one below is mine.



This is sweet Peas. She did pretty good to start but soon was tired of it and just painted the rest in. I think its lovely. She says hers is a world turtle.



Spirit did fairly well with this. He did make a tiny mistake but we left it and moved on. I told him no big deal and he was ok with it. The point was the mixing of colors and he did a great job doing just that.



I hope you enjoy our art for this week.

Warm Blessings,

Nikki


Jennifer the Creator of the Virtual Refrigerator Blog Hop has created a pinterest board of our Art. So now you can go and see all of our past art projects. Yeah... Thank you Jennifer !





Check out some of the other Bloggers co-hosting this fun Hop each week.



Now It's your turn. If you have art to share you can blog about it and link up.

Warm Blessings,

Nikki






1 comments:

  1. I really like the turtles, and I can totally see the "world turtle" nickname fitting Sweet Pea's.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.