Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Case for Christ - Student Edition- Book Review

Book Description

Based on his award-winning bestseller The Case for Christ, journalist Lee Strobel, along with Jane Vogel, presents his journey from skepticism to faith, written for students.

There's historical proof Jesus walked this earth, but was he really who he claimed to be? Or are all the stories in the Bible just that-stories? In The Case for Christ Student Edition, teens will join former investigative journalist Lee Stobel as he searches for objective answers, including those that brought him from skepticism to faith.



About the Book:

Lee Strobel shares with us the struggle he faces as a child to believe in a God he cannot see. His parents put him in confirmation classes but he  can't find God in memorizing verses. About the same time he has a High school biology class and in that class is taught evolution. With these lessons he comes to his own realization that the bible must be a myth. Not wanting to hurt his parents feelings he goes through with confirmation thinking that if God doesn't exist what does it matter anyway.

As time goes on he falls in love with his high school sweet heart. The two separate for college but find each other again. Neither have a faith in God. Later Lee's wife becomes a Christian and it makes him begin to seek answers as to who is God? He looks upon his quest as a reporter and goes about his task with an open mind. Did Jesus exist? Was he actually raised from the dead?


My thoughts:

I decided to review this book because I have read Lee Strobels original book as an adult reader. My high school student has used it as a basis for a study and keeps a copy in her room. When I saw this I had in mind my middle school child. In the opening story of how Lee began to investigate the life of Jesus. There is some conversation that the parent might want to read themselves before handing it to your teens. There may be some questions raised there about specific topics a reporter may witness. If you are uncomfortable with that section. I would suggest reading it yourself and telling Lee's story to your child in your words. Then use the chapters for the student section. After the book begins with questions about Jesus that might be raised by someone questioning God. Lee thought that Christians had made a mistake in what they were believing. That the facts would historically not match up. He even took a stab at whether the bible is truth. This book isn't a long book it is rather short in stature but is perfect for a teen boy who doesn't like to read . There are also other books written about faith , case for the creator and the real Jesus. I am hoping I can review them all. It will be the perfect study for my son this year.


Warm Blessings,


Nikki
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”



1 comments:

  1. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially those who don't know Christ as their Savior. This would be a helpful stepping stone, that could go along with the reading of the Bible, which is a priority.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.