1. Today I went to the CHAP Homeschool Convention. I came home with all sorts of resources and ideas. I was feeling that drag you sometimes get as a homeschool parent. Things can feel heavy and weighted. Yet the convention was renewing and I'm excited again to start a new year in 2014-2015. I think once I have a summer break I will be really rejuvenated.
2. I picked up a Brain Breaks book at the convention. I am in love with the idea and although the actions are basic I liked the idea of having a book and the cards as a guide. Sometimes done for you is worth the time saved.
3. I also found weighted animals to at CHAP. I didn't buy one because frankly I think I can make them myself. We have so many old beanie babies. I am thinking I can fill them with those round rocks and sew it shut. The idea is for you so sit this on your child's lap when you need them to sit still. When they go to wiggle they will feel the weight an remember. We particularly need this during reading time. I don't think I want my child weighted down all day or anything but it has its place.
4. I also ordered a couple of speakers and will be listening to those the next couple of days. Really excited about the talk by Heidi St. John and Heather Haupt.
5. After all that I am so excited to start planning for next year and the funny part is I was so ready for school to end this year. I was so ready to stop teaching and take a break and now here I am looking forward to next year. Isn't it great how God puts our hearts where they need to be when we need it most.