Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, May 9, 2014

More Than a Memory - The Candace Kate Story - Book Review







More Than a Memory- The Candace Kate StoryYou can Purchase a bond book for $15.95
Right now it is on sale for $13.95 Sales are subject to change. You can also get the E-book format for $8.95 or on sale right now for $5.95. Your other purchase option is
Amazon Kindle format for $5.95. (I received a soft cover copy for this review)



This book is a brave account of a women who is willing to put her life out there for others in the hopes that her experiences will help another.



Nancy Fileccia begins her story as an ordinary family. She has two daughters Lindsey and Lauren and has a loving family like many others. She feels lead to open her family up to give others that love that so many deserve but are not getting. Her family proceeds the action to adopt a child from Guatemala and before they know it their son Cameron is added to their family. The love for this child is instant. Love of another can occur whether biological or not biological. We are all God's children so the reason for that is simple. Not long after that Lindsey is diagnosed with Tourette Syndrome which leads them to homeschooling. Nancy's husband Rusty is a doctor and so that provides them with some comfort.

Little did they know that their lives were about to change in a big way. God was leading them to a little Girl in China named Candace Kate. They went to China to pick up Candace but when they got there they found out that she was deaf. The family felt lead by God to continue the adoption. Little did they know the challenges they would face as Candace was more than deaf. Later they would find that she had a rare disease called Batten Disease. This disease does not have a cure and so the story really begins as Nancy takes us through the rest of Candace's life, which is filled with Dr. appointments, therapy's and lots of question. Nancy is upfront with her feelings of frustration and hope as she shares some of her personal thoughts.

This is a very gut wrenching story. Grab your tissues.



I thought when I signed up for this book launch that I might be able to relate to Nancy's story because I have dealt with illness myself. I have had to handle my significant other having heart failure and diabetes. We went through a really tough time period. However he lives with these things right now where Candace lost her fight. I also have close family member with Cancer and although that was a fight I still have that family member. I could however relate  to the many medical appointments and the feelings of being angry with God. I appreciate Nancy sharing her story. I think that handling a child with terminal illness is completely different than an adult and so with that I hope that her story will help another. I know that sharing my emotions really helped me .Sharing those feelings can be healing. I am sorry Nancy that you had to go through so much.
God really choose you for a reason. May this book bless all those who read it.




About the Author: 







Nancy Fileccia is a fourteen-year homeschooling veteran and co-owner of A Journey Through Learning lapbooks with her best friend, Paula Winget. They create fun, hands-on learning products for homeschooling families. Nancy loves helping parents with their journey of international adoption. Nancy and her husband, Rusty, make their home in Shreveport, Louisiana, with their three children. Visit her website at www.ajourneythroughlearning.com




Grab your Copy today.

Warm Blessings,


Nikki







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.