Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Cross for Preschoolers- Rejoice



Welcome back to lesson 3. So glad to have some new faces
here and as always welcome to my avid readers. In case you
missed it I'd like to send you to lesson 1 and lesson 2 .  My
little one and I have been enjoying the series. She sometimes
asks what else we can do.

Lesson 1- The Twelve Men
Lesson 2- Miracles Happen


Jesus loves the Little Children... Begin at the TABLE..
Today's lesson began at the dinner table. I make it a point to tell
my child often that she is loved by God. So for this particular activity.
I had each one of the children go around and say these things...

What is your name?
What is your favorite thing to do?
What is your favorite food?
What else do you want us to know?

Then I told her that she is a child of God. She is unique and
wonderfully Made and that He loves her. The older kids played
along too and she was all smiles at feeling special. (great practice
speaking to a group) We then prayed for each ones unique
abilities and likes.


After dinner we sang our B-I-B-L-E song and started
our lesson. I read to her the story of Jesus triumphant entrance
into Jerusalem. I told her that the people started to hear about
Jesus and his friends. That they were telling each other about all the
great things He was doing. All the miracles that we talked about that
He had done. When He came the people celebrated and cheered.
They were so happy to see Jesus. We would be just as happy to see Him.  


We decided to have our own celebration and sing to Jesus.

Gather these items- Green construction paper, a plastic container
that seals tightly, beads (beans or rice work too) , foam shapes
or stickers, and ribbon.  Precut palm branches out of the green paper
so that you can make a palm path within your house. The more the better.




We took our beads and put some into our little container. Friends
often save things for me because they know I like to craft. These are
dog food containers that were washed and saved. Their lids secure
fairly tightly. Sweet Pea enjoyed picking the beads she wanted in
her storage container.







We then decorated the containers. When using craft foam I often
buy the kind with the sticker backing. The pieces I do not use
for that particular craft , the scraps. I cut them up into shapes for
other craft projects. They have come in handy and nothing is wasted.

(Here sweet pea concentrates to pick off the sticker backs)






This is our music maker. We added some lace to
the bottom by opening the container and shutting it on the
ribbon. This is what we had but you can use other ribbons too.








Here is her end result. She is pretty proud of her music maker
and shakes it a few times to try it out.



 


Then we lay out the palms just like the story we read and
create a path through the house. I use this time to play happy
worship music. There are many varieties for little children.








We sing her favorite bible songs as we march around on
the palms and shake our shakers. Jesus loves me is one
of our favorites.





 

I would love for you to stop over at some of my friends blogs
and read about their 5 Days. Here are their themes for the week.

Kathy's Cluttered Mind- 5 Days of Field Tripping Fun
As we Walk Along the Road- Great Kid's Read
Wonderfully Chaotic- Birth and Babies
The Canadian Homeschooler- Canadian Teacher Pay Teacher Stores
Homemaking Organized- Home Keeping for Boys and Girls
Only Passionate Curiosity- Planning your Homeschool Year
Treasuring Life's Blessings- Family Finger foods
Golden Grasses- A Working women's Guide to Homeschooling


If you like these you might want to go see what other hops are
going on by clicking the graphic below.

April Blog Hop


Warm Blessings,

Nikki

3 comments:

  1. This is great! There are so many cute things to do to remember the Palm Sunday lesson.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very creative. Those beads brought back some childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable idea for sunday school even! I'll have to remember this for the next year.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.