Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dr. Suess Birthday


Happy Birthday to Dr. Suess!!!

Dr. Suess Birthday is March 2nd 1904. We took the time as
a family to enjoy reading some of Dr. Suess books and honoring his
memory this week. It was a fun relaxing time reading to the kids. The
older ones perked their ears up and listened too. One I had not read
when I was young was Bartholomew and the Oobleck.
I had to chuckle at the theme of the story as it hit home. The story
is about a king who is tired of the usual things falling from the sky
like rain or snow. (ha ha.. SNOW) So he decides he wants something
new to fall. He calls his magicians and asks them to create something
new and he will make a new holiday. Bartholomew begs the King of Didd
 not to do this thing but he does it anyway. The Magicians create Oobleck .
The King and the people soon find out they have more than they
bargained. Bartholomew tells him to ought to say he is sorry for this
mess but will the kind say he is sorry ?? Read to find out.






The  little ones loved the story. They were all ears.





I told them we were going to make our own Oobleck. Now Spirit
thought this was going to be great fun but after hearing the story
Sweet Pea was not so sure. Don't you just love the age of 4 where the
story can mean so much more. She was just so sure it was going to fall
from the sky  like in the book. (snicker)  I found the recipe on
Steve Spangler Science website. It is really simple to create.




Here is the glue and food coloring mixture.







We added the Borax and began to stir. It starts to set up
pretty quickly.






Spirit decides to mix it with his hands.





It soon becomes less watery and more of a solid that takes
the shape of any container you put it in.


 

 

Incidentally Sweet Pea never did touch it. Maybe if I had
made it Pink.

 




Tell me how did you celebrate Dr. Suess birthday too?


Warm Blessings,


Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.