Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, January 3, 2014

Not Just a Hearer but a Doer By Yolanda Shanks - Book Review




(*  I am writing this review in correlation with CWA book reviewer. I receive
no compensation for my review other than a free copy of the book. This review
is solely my opinion and not from any affiliate or crew purposes. Thank you.
)
I have been going to our church since I was a baby. I recited the verses
and sang the hymns each week. Many things are rote in the Methodist
church. There are things we do over and over with the seasons. Things we
discuss again and again that they soon seem.... common place. They become
just words in a world that no longer challenges us and we miss the value
of God's word. We miss what it is He has for us. We miss out on "Deliberately
Living."  We miss out on following our calling and then acting upon it.

This book is volume one Not Just a Hearer but a Doer.  All good habits
are had by doing them for at least a months time. This book has 31
devotionals to teach you to become a doer of his word. The 31 days is
a bonus to me as it is just the time it takes to create a new habit.

You will learn just to name a few to love one another, to be still with God,
exercise self control, learn to wait, and to behave wisely. Obviously there
are 31 topics so there is much more to learn about.

There is a little introduction to each devotional to begin your study.
Then an observation which is a verse directly from the bible. You are
given a little background on that verse. Then how the writer
interprets  the verses. A few sentences on how to apply it and additional
memory verses. Then the part I really like is a place to write my own
thoughts and interpretations. It is always best when you can write out
your thoughts to help you organize what you will do with what you learned.


My thoughts: For me I felt like I am much farther in my growth
in studying Gods word than this book had for me . I think it would be
great for a beginner or one who is ready to start making changes in their life.
It was a good refresher but I did have something else I was reading on the
side to intensify the devotions for me. If you are looking to start your walk
with God or Jumpstart it again this would be a good place to begin reading.



About the Author:Yolanda is from Texas and resides in the Houston area.
She is a

Multi-published author, speaker, blogger, teacher, wife, and
grandmother. You can read more about this author at her website.
You may also like to follower her on facebook or Twitter


You can purchase Not Just a Hearer but a Doer on Amazon
$11.09 paper back and $3.96 on Kindle.

While on Amazon I also noticed that Volume 2 is out now as well.



Warm Blessings,

Nikki
 I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not
required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other
way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in
accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of 
The CWA Review Crew.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.