Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Adventure Bible Storybook - Review



I was given in exchange for my honest review from BookSneeze
Adventure Bible Storybook Deluxe Edition at $21.98 value
written by Cahterine DeVries and Illustrated by Jim Madsen.

This would includes a hardcover  bible story book and the complete book
on 2 audio Cd's. It comes in a box set so that you can keep it all together!!

Our Excitement

I was really excited to share this one with my kids. My young ones
are not quite ready for reading directly from the bible or completely
understanding that, in particular my four year old. My 7 year old has
been reading in the Adventure bible for his age level. This one is more
accurate to bible text than the storybook version but the storybook has it's
place for younger children such as my 4 year old.


About the Bible story Book

The Adventure begins with 50 action stories from the bible.
You will find stories from the Old Testament all the way through the
to the New Testament. The pictures with in the book are beautifully done
and the stories draw the child's attention. The cover is attractive giving the
appeal of animals in a jungle.

After each story section you will find a little picture of a treasure map. On
the map is an Adventure Discovery which sums up what the theme of the
story was and Words of Treasure. The Words of Treasure are words directly
from the bible NIV. These could be used as bible memory verse
for young children.


Something Extra we did along with the book
The Adventure theme attracts the active child into going on a bible
journey. We created a treasure map to go with our stories. My son
made our map from a large brown grocery bag. We then drew our
bible at one end and an X at the other end. We created a path all
over the paper bag. As we read or listen to one of the stories we add
a symbol on the trail of our map. When we complete the journal we
will have a representation of all that we did.


About the Audio

The audio that goes along with the book is wonderful. The music that
goes with it is soothing and the story is clearly read and with
great excitement. There different voices as well to help distinguish
characters but simple enough to follow along.


My OpinionThe adventure Bible storybook is a nice introduction for younger
children. It would make a nice addition to our bible stories library.
I would not sure it as a sole principal of learning bible text but as
a basis or spring board of what is to come.


Warm Blessings,
 


Nikki



I received this copy of this product for free through BookSneeze in
exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive
review, nor was I compenstated in any other way. All opinions I have
expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing
this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.