Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, November 1, 2013

Lego Club Results and Challenge # 2


It's Lego Time... Time to share your results for our first Lego Challenge.
If you missed my first post with the details about the 1st  challenge no
worries you can still see what we have created and begin working on the
new challenge. Here are the directions if you want to go take a
peek... Lego challenge #1. Lego challenges will appear the 1st and 3rd
Fridays of each month. You have two weeks to make your creation so mark
your calendars. Then you can write a little about your child's creation on your
blog and link up here . Try to comment on at least one other creation so we
can encourage our young ones to create...


(*Note my blog button doesn't seem to be working correctly at this time
so please just add a link to this post instead. I'll work out my button at a
later time. Thanks for linking up. )



Let me set the stage for you. It is Halloween and the kids are so excited
to go trick or treating. So excited that the house is pretty loud and I can't
seem to get them to focus on their lesson. In advance I had decided to
have our Lego club time at this moment. I called the kids together. We
cleared the school books and they brought out their legos. There was so
much excitement in the air.


Sweet pea start out sorting her legos by color but ended up wanting to
do the older kid's challenge so it morphed and changed which was really
fine with me. Not heavy on the rules. Just a time to create and think.
Her creation really changed multiple times before it became.




Here Spirit is digging through his lego's looking for the right
pieces. This is a rather noisy production if you have ever heard a young
boy before digging through his lego stash.  He really kept saying he couldn't do
this one but I kept encouraging him . He is a bit of a perfectionist . I just
kept encouraging him and telling him that it was his creation what ever
he did would be just fine. That seemed to work.






Now Superboy seemed to approach his with a plan. He had this
determination in his eyes like he knew where this was going.






The kids worked for at least 2 hours or more. I was working on their
dinner at the time and coming by on occasion. Mom's I am telling you
this was the best ever activity that I have ever done with them so far
and we have a lot of fun around her. They were so focused on what they
were doing and I was able to get something else done in the process.



This is Sweet Pea's Creation. I actually was pretty impressed
with her person. She had now help from mom other than the eyes.
She named her Choo Choo Nilla. We were allowed to use 3 none
lego items. Sweet Pea used a dry erase marker for eyes.






This is her background scene. She made a little house with stairs.
She had a little trouble finishing the stairs so I gave her a hand.
This is Choo Choo Nilla before she added the pigtails and feet.







Spirit Created a Robot. He is laying there in the front. He has one eye
and his arms move. He called him Robo Cop. His none lego items were
the two army men and there is a little animal in there somewhere.







Superboy's creation is a Monster. He called him the Destroyer but
I think he looks more like a Hawaiian. His lego man's arms move up
and down. He put his pirate lego ship in front with his lizard meal inside.












Now it's your turn. Link up and share your creations. We can't wait to see
what you have come up with and before you run off . Don't forget to
snag your Lego Challenge #2. This challenge is Due Nov. 15 so mark
your Calendar so you don't forget . Here are the details to participate.

Would you like to join us? The first Friday and the Third Friday of each
month you will find a new Lego challenge.  Here is how it will work....

1. Present the challenge to your kids and have them make their creation.

2. Take a photo of what they come up with and have them write a little
about their creation.

3. Create a post on your blog with their challenge and set it to live
on Nov. 15.  If you do not have a blog contact me in comments
and I can give you information to email it to me for your child's challenge
to appear on my blog.

4. On Nov. 15 come back here and Link up to the challenge and find out what
The new challenge will be.

5. Include a link to my post please. :)

6. You might also want to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss
any challenges....  Lots of ways to follow me on my side bar to the right.


And Now for Lego Challenge Number 2....






Warm Blessings,

Nikki


1 comments:

  1. Thanks for the challenge! My kids really enjoyed it! All of your kids creations are super creative, love em! Love the idea of using the dry eraser maker, smart thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.