Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body weight by Michael Scott Lowery- Book Review


I am participating in reading along with Book Sneeze. Book Sneeze
puts book in the hands of Bloggers. In exchange for my honest review
I received the kindle version of God' s Weigh to Your Ideal Weight.
This is a $4.99 value. You can purchase a hard cover for $28.32 or
a soft cover $17.96 in addition to the kindle version.





Before I go into my review of the book I'd like you to know that
on book Sneeze website you are able to go in and choose books to review
that you believe will be of interest to you. I chose this book because
I have struggled with my weight since I was pretty young. I always
had a bad image idea of myself even when I was fairly healthy. I
viewed myself as overweight when in reality at the time I was just fine.
In fact when I was in early grades I was under weight. My self worth
in my eyes wasn't of value. It has taken me along time to realize that
the worlds view does not have to be my own.

Over time and 5 children later I have a real issue at this point. A few of
my children have struggles with weight issues too. I soon realized that I was
passing that on to my children. That isn't an easy lesson to realize .
As a mother it sure doesn't make me feel good. I want more for my kids.

So just in time a local church was having a big health event and I decided
that this was my jumping board. I was going to go to this event. Learn all
I could and come home and change my life but what happened there was
hard. There was talk of eating grass fed or not grass fed  and olive oil
verse coconut oil. All these are good things but I need to learn the basics.
I need to really start at the beginning and this seemed far from the beginning.
I brought all of my new resources home. I read over them and over them.
I had such a hard time even wrapping my head around any of it. Its was
to much for me all at once and I realized this quickly. So the pamphlets
went away until another day and I decided to give this a go starting small.

I began making small changes like portion control and adding more water
to my diet. Now this doesn't sound like much but folks I lost 40lbs just
from that alone. Below is a picture of my before and after at this point.
It isn't a huge difference but I think you can see a slight change around
my face. It sure made me excited to see. I was finally getting somewhere.
Or so I thought. I soon plateaued.


And that is where I find this book...

I was looking for something God breathed. Something to help me get
through the hard things and to begin making more changes. The problem
was I didn't know what changes to make. There is so much out there
and much of the nutritional advice contradicts itself.

Now the Bible.. The Bible is something I know it Truth. It is a book
that only God could give. So when I read the description of this book
I knew this is what I needed. I started reading this as a devotional .
I read a chapter a day to help me though and God can help me through.
This is an exert from the back of the book...

As a Believer, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is your
birthright. This is God's will for your life. You are called to glorify God
in your body. And you should know that the Bible is the greatest health and
weight loss book ever written. God's people have become tired, sick, overweight,
and are living a fraction of the years God intended. This is not God's will for
you. God has a better plan for you and the church. Has man's wisdom let you
down? Are you now ready to reach your ideal body weight God's Weigh? In
God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body Weight you will learn that what you eat matters to
God, the five spiritual keys to reaching your ideal body weight, God's diet plan,
seven practical suggestions for reaching your ideal body weight, and how a
healthy church can draw the world to Jesus Christ.

I soon realized that all that I was doing was not what God wanted.
He wanted me to live a life that is Holy to his word and my health
is not showing what my heart says. What I eat does matter to God.
I was looking in all the wrong places. The Bible has the plan I need
to eat and live a life that glorifies God.


If you are struggling with your weight then this might be a book
you need to read.





Warm Blessings,

Nikki

1 comments:

  1. I just went and purchased this. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.