Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book Nook- Shadow Stalker (Review)




This week on Book Nook Reviews... I bring you a book
from Christian Women Affiliate (CWA)  Shadow Stalker by
Barbara Ann Derksen
. I was given the physical book  in exchange
for my honest review. This is a $13.39 value for the paperback.
You can also purchase the kindle version for $4.99.





This is the exert from the back of the book :
An ominous shadow hangs over her, as Christine Finder, alias Melissa
Rompart, visits the brutal slaying of her parents most nights in a dream.
The threat of discovery propels her to search for the whereabouts of the
killer to see the man brought to justice. In the meantime, the killer stalks
her mind while she operates Finder’s Keepers, an agency that searches
for the people her clients hire her to find.  Nathan Brent is only four years
old and missing. Will she find him in time or will the killer find her first?





About the Author:


Seeking to encourage, inspire, and invite, Barbara Ann Derksen writes
about Kingdom living characters who live in a not-so Kingdom world.
She has been scrambling letters into enjoyable fiction and non-fiction
for over 20 years and a published writer since 2003. Her readers share
how the books are hard to put down, keep them up at night reading long
after lights out, and spur them on to a closer walk with their Lord.
Her favorite genre is mystery so, to thrill her readers, she composes
a new one every year, She has just completed the four book series,
The Wilton Strait Mystery Series, now available through her website,
on Amazon in Canada, Europe, and the US, and through Amazon’s
Kindle store as e-books as well as Smashwords for e-book readers
other than Kindle. Vanished, Presumed Dead, Fear Not, and Silence
are a series that provides hours of entertainment, food for thought, and
keep her readers wanting more.


The first book in the Finders Keepers Series was released May 5, 2013 and
appears to be better than the last one according to early reviews.
Barbara has also penned a devotional series with six books,
4 children’s stories and two other non-fiction books. Dance
With a Broom and Second to None.



Barbara is a member of Emmanuel Evangelical Free Church in
Steinbach, Manitoba, Christian Motorcyclists Association in Canada
and the US, Barbara and her husband, Henry, have been married for
44 years, have four children, and nine grandchildren … and counting.
Henry is a singer/songwriter with 7 CDs to his name.



My thoughts:


This was the first time I read any books from the author. Right away
she got my attention with the characters. I wasn't sure at first by the title if
it was a book I would like to read but I soon found that is was very good.
I usually am pretty good at guessing as to what is going to happen next but
there were many twists and turns in this tale. I didn't realize that this was the
first book in a series so now I am anxious to read the next one.
I felt like Christine finder was a very real character and I could relate
easily to her pain and hurt. She seems to be running away not just
from her parents murderer but from God as well. It seems as though she
would like to melt into the world and not be noticed and yet at the same time
she wants to save the world. She opens a agency to Find people which is
interesting because she does not want to be found. She has a lot of strength
and courage that seems to come from her inner survival.


Jeremy walks in and ruffles her being. He is everything she is trying
to stay away from and works in a similar profession.  He is strong and
someone she would find her self leaning on. He loves God and
shows his grace. She is afraid of loving and being loved.


So the two of them have a tension between them throughout the book.
Jeremy tries to keep Christine safe but she wants to take care of herself.
Soon she realizes a little help isn't all that bad and the two end up
helping each other in their cases.


This is an edge of the seat read. If you like series and action than
this is the book for you.


Warm Blessings,
Nikki

Disclosure of material- I received a free copy of Shadow Stalker by
Barbara Ann Derksen to review. I was not required to write a positive
review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have
expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the
FTC Regulations. I am part of the CWA Review Crew



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.