Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, September 30, 2013

The Book Nook- Simply Delicious Amish Cooking


When I was a little girl. My dad would take me every year to our  local
fair grounds to a hospital fate. There were rides, games and food. My
favorite part of the fate was the book nook. It was a huge arena of used books
for sale and we always came out with arm loads of books to read. This is why
I decided to call my book reviews the Book Nook. I hope you enjoy
learning about new books for the young and old alike.


I was given by Book Sneeze the book  Simply Delicious Amish Cooking
in exchange for my honest review. I do not receive any other compensation
other than the book itself. I received the spiral copy which is a $12.18 value.
There is also a Kindle version available for $7.99




I live in an Amish region. About an hour from my home you will find
Amish in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Many of the recipes we have
with in our family are Pennsylvania dutch but nothing compares to Amish
cooking. Although I have found that many of the recipes of PA dutch and
Amish mirror one another. Perhaps they are one in the same or have gotten
mixed over time being so closely related in region. None of this I have any
information about. I'll have to research to see if they mean the same thing.

Anyway when I saw Booksneeze had an Amish cookbook for review I was
all in. I love the Amish culture. I read all the books I can get on the topic.
I am thinking this would be a great book to have if you are studying
with your homeschool children about the Amish communities. It would
be fun to try some of the recipes with your kids.

 This book is written by Sherry Gore. She is the editor- in-chief of
Cooking and Such magazine and weekly scribe for national edition of the 120 year
old Amish newspaper , The Budget. She is a year round resident of Sarasota
Flordia , the vacation paradise for the plain people. She has three children and is
a member of Beachy Amish Mennonite church. She's a caregiver to her twenty
something daugher, a sunday school teacher , a cooking show host and an offical
pie judge.


Sarasota Florida is a vacation paradise for the plain  community.
Simply Delicious Amish cooking is a collection of 100's of the best handpicked
recipes. There are full color photos along with the recipes that represent the
Amish and Mennonite people. Inside the pages you will also find a journal
of this way of life. I loved how this was set up as a read and a cookbook.


My favorite recipes were potato soup which was much like how we
make it but there was one added ingredient that made it all that much better.
We ended up with an empty pot and not left overs. We  made another batch
the following week.

I can't wait to try Amish Potato cakes, Ham and Cheese Delight,
Superbowl Stromboli and Three layer Strawberries and cream cake. Yumm




I review for BookSneeze®


Warm Blessings,

Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.