Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, September 22, 2013

Creation Wheels




In the Beginning God Created the Heavens and the
Earth. Genesis 1:1






 This is a very simple craft to do with the creation story. I did
this with a group of preschoolers and Kindergarteners. We read
the story from their Beginner bibles of all the great things that God
created. These little ones have a short attention spans so I didn't
even read the pages I just pointed out things that God created and
allowed them to name things that He Created.

We also passed a ball and named things God created each time.
Most of the kids named the things from the book. 





The Creation wheels are made on foam board. I bought sheets of
board at the dollar tree. I cut them in a fairly square shape. Four
per sheet of poster board. You can then use a protractor to create
your circles or do what I did because I couldn't find one which
was find things around the house to make my perfect circles.

I then used a sharpie to draw around the circle shape to make it stand
out and wrote my bible verse around the circle. Older children can do
this part on their own. 






After that I allowed the children to glue on things I had gathered.
I found most of my items at Dollar tree. You could do a nature walk
and then come back and glue real nature items to your boards. Our
Sunday School time is limited so I used things to represent life.

Leaves, Feathers, Rocks, butterflies (scrapbook supplies), silk flowers,
sea shells, and some have wooden stars. 







I didn't put a lot of limits on it so some had all feathers and some
like the ones above had a bit more variety. It really depends on
the child. Some like to glue for a long time and have patience
and some just do not.  I allowed them to choose what they wanted
to put on them and how much time they wanted to work.

My daughter made the one on top. She ended up bring hers home
and working some more because she didn't feel like she had
enough time in Sunday School.

This could be a great craft for young and old alike.

Warm Blessings,

Nikki

3 comments:

  1. That's a really sweet idea. I might colour code the circles for each day of creation. i.e. black, then blue for water etc... Or make a big one to do as a class and put things that represent each day of creation in each circle. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! I found your post on the Christian Bloggers Wednesday is Sharing Day. I'm going to share your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, it seems simple yet fun.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.