Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Book Review That Summer By Jo Huddleston




ISBN-10: 1939219035 | ISBN- 13: 978-1939219039 |
 
List Price: $14.99 Softcover, $4.99 Kindle
|Format: Soft cover and Kindle | Page Count: 220

I was given for review the book That Summer by Jo Huddleston
in correlation with the CWA Review Crew.

The Summer by Jo Huddleston is a historical novel and is book one
of the Craney Creek Series.  I don't usually like to review books in a
series but I am glad I did this one. Historical Fiction is something that
I typically choose to read. I like books that keep me coming back
for more and Characters that I can become invested in. That Summer
has both of these elements.

That Summer Takes place during the Great Depression in the Southern
Appalachians. Jim a young man ready to start out on his own escapes his
fathers physical abuse and their dirt poor farm life. His path takes him
to a nearby town where he is able to find a place to live and work at the
local mill. His job begins on deception of his age and Jim Struggles with
honoring his family and talking to the Lord to get by. He finds that it is
easier to continue his life of lies and secrets than to stand firm with God.

Soon he is gallivanting around with the bosses daughter and yet the young
girl he met months ago is still finding a place in his heart. He soon finds
himself among a real live love triangle. Jim has strayed away from God and
from the things his mother has taught him. How will these choice affect
those that he most loves? You will have to find out for yourself.

I really enjoyed this book and will be getting the rest in the series.
It was an easy summer read and a nice change of pace from what I
have been reading. I had a difficult time putting the book down.
This is a story of forgiveness and love. It was unusual in that
I didn't have a favorite choice for Jim. Both girls in his life had a place
in his heart. I grieved alongside of both women as choices were made
and how those choices affected their lives forever. This story is a good
example of trying to go your own way without God to lead you. When
you choose for yourself and not choose for God things can get a bit
mixed up. As Jim finds his faith God is faithful to him and helps him
to resolve all that he has undone.

Warm blessings,

Nikki


 I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review.
I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in
any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am
disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.
I am part of 
The CWA Review Crew







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.