Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spanish For You - Fiesta

Spanish for You Logo photo spanishforyoulog_zpsa3fadef7.jpg



I was given for Review by the Schoolhouse Review Crew
the Fiestas  Curriculum from Spanish for You

The kids really enjoyed Spanish for you and loved all the
games that went along with it to help learn the language.

Before I get into how we used the curriculum I want to start by
letting you know what is included with your purchase. First you
can purchase the 3-4 grade level, 5-6, or 7-8 for $39.95 each
or you can get all of the levels for $64.98. I was given all levels
grades 3-8.  I really felt this was very reasonable considering all
that comes with it. Did I mention we particularly liked the games.
You will receive with your package

-the soft cover book or E-book

- 24-30 week lesson guide for the grade level you purchase.
Grades 3-4 go to 30 weeks to give them more time to learn
the material.  You can view some Sample pages.

- Self Checking worksheets. These are great for the older
children who are ready to do many things on their own.

-Audio book of the entire book and includes another file of
audios in the native language.

-Flash card activity printable's


Not included is the teacher lesson guide. You can purchase those for
$12.95 for 5-6, 7-8 and $14.95 for the 3-4 grade level.

You might want to stop by Spanish for you and give one
of the free Mini Lessons a try . Then you can see if this is
something that is right for your family.
Spanish for You - Fiestas photo spanishforyou-fiestas_zpsa80f3c2a.jpg

How we used Spanish for You...

At first I really was worried I wasn't going to be able to teach
this well. I do not have any experience with Spanish other than
maybe learning to count to 10 and I know a few of the colors.
Nothing more.  I really found the curriculum easy to use. I
liked that I could also teach the same thing to all of my children
at the same time. I even modified it to use with my preschooler.
It is presented in a fun way without the rote memorization. Your
child can choose a theme to begin working. There are plenty of
games you can use to go along with the activities which again we
loved. Did I mention that before? My kids love to play games too
this really met them at their sensory level. The kids came up with
one of their own one day when they pulled out the twister board.
Soon I was hearing the various colors in Spanish. Their dad said
what did she just say. It was pretty neat to see use their own ideas.

I liked that the curriculum uses a multisensory based way of
approaching Spanish . My daughter is very hands on so the games
worked for her. My son is an auditory learner so the audios were great
for him and just to confuse things I am visual and liked the
idea of drawing on the flash cards to help the child remember
the word or phrase. You are also encouraged to do some of your
own research about the topic so that you get a little Spanish
cultures as well.



Warm Blessings,

Nikki


Photobucket

 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif

1 comments:

  1. Nikki - Thank you for such a great review! I love how your kids pulled out the Twister game as their own idea for fun and practice.

    Debbie Annett
    Spanish for You!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.