Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Lower Class"


31 Day Blog Challenge A Rant
Day 22 of the 31 day Blog challenge
Rant about something.
Get up on your soapbox and
tell us how you really feel.


It's really hard for me to rant about anything. I just
woke up for one so I'm rather sleepy but I just don' t typically
get involved in big political conversations or am one to be
a complainer out loud.  However I do get upset when I
hear people that were given everything in life complaining about
those who are one welfare. Yes, Yes, I know that there are some
that try to scam the system but lets face it not everyone is lazy
or scamming someone just because they are in need of  a hand up.
When you spout those things out in front of co- workers and friends
you really  might be hurting one of them. You think you know but
in reality more are in need of assistance then you may be aware.
It's really not something someone wants to talk about. They don't
walk around saying Hi, I'm on welfare. Yes I'm poor. Now that
I said that I know you are going to place me in a box in your mind.
No people don't want that. They don't want to be labeled.

This is something that has bothered me for a very long time.
It started when I was younger and I saw how people were
placed in neat little packages and labeled by their financial
and social status. It unnerved me way back in grade school
before it became a world view perspective. For some  people
things just fall in place (Yes some of you have worked very had
to get where you are)  but for others it isn't always so
easy. I was taught that God loved all people. It was hard to see
people being placed on lower level status. Why do we do this
to each other. Why do we generalize and think that each individual
can be categorized. I just don't think it is that simple.

I guess the term try walking a mile in someone else's shoes comes
into play here. You don't know their background or what they
have had to overcome. It may just be more than you can fathom.
Do you know what it's like to have to humble yourself and ask
for help? Do you know what it's like not to have clothes or enough
to eat? Do you know what it's like to sleep on the floor because
you have no bed to sleep in. It's their reality. Don't pretend you
know. Don't judge and place people in a box. It's not for you
to decide what one person should have done or another. We all
learn lessons in life. Perhaps this one is what they need to learn.
I guess what I'm asking is for you to be compassionate. Think about
the feelings of those who had to struggle through life and are working
hard to figure it all out. Don't judge that.


Warm Blessings,

Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.