Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, May 2, 2013

Character Training links






Today I want to discuss Character Training. Honestly I know I have
been promoting this book all week but I completely believe in what
they are doing at Biblical Parenthood. If you want to learn about how
you can use Character Training to teach your child then this is the book
you will need. I can hardly wait to get my hands on the Companion
workbook guide that goes with it. Biblical Parenthoods goal was to get to
the New York Times number 1 list. I'm not sure they will be able to reach
their Goal because the Book is sold out everywhere. The only place you
can get it is the National Center for Biblical Parenting or in E-book form
from your favorite online stories. Biblical Parenting is offering 20% off the
listed book price and you still get your $400. free resources. Running out
of a book is a great problem to have.




I really always struggled with this. I could see the need of my child's
heart but I didn't know how to change it. There are all these cute
activities out there but I wasn't sure how to use them in away that would
honor our family. And there that word is Honor. This word came up
in the handbook too and I liked what it represented to our family. It
kind of covers everything wrapped up in one little word. Honor
means having integrity, being fair, and honest. When it comes right
down to it and you think of all of the behaviors that a child might
present to you this is the one that would take them from the mistakes
they are making. I don't want to give away to much. You will learn
how to do this in the book but in the mean time I'd like to share some of
my favorite Character training activities with you. I have done some
of them with the kids at our church and some with my kiddos at home.
If you have any resources to share please add them in the comments .


15 Ways to Raise Grateful Kids By Holy Experience Blog
Write out your Thanksgivings. Free worksheets to print.
I use this activity for myself and next year would like to include it
in our school day as a family.

Kid Kindness Day By Mrs. Lewis Learning Library
This year I did something similar with my 1st grader and it
was a lot of fun. Cupcakes and all.

Character Traits Printables by Confessions of a Homeschooler
Activities for a  week long study on a particular trait. I have not
tried these yet but they have been bookmarked for my later use.


Free 900 page unit study and Lapbook on the Book of Virtues by Freely Educate
This is absolutely amazing. I have had this book on my shelf for a few
years not and wasn't sure how to use it.

Character Lapbooks by Lapbook Lessons


Activities, Games, and Study on Character traits by Kids of Integrity
I have used several of these in our church studies and just love
them. The kids really enjoyed the activities.


Warm Blessings,

Nikki

 

Monday April 22- Birth Stories
Wednesday April 24- Favorite Family Past Time
Thursday April 25- Parenting Struggle - Dyslexia
 Friday April 26 - 5 Things I learned as a Parent

Monday April 29- Kids and Chores
Tuesday April 30- My favorite picture books
Wednesday May 1- Saving Memories
Thursday May 2- Character Training links
Friday May 3 -Praying over your Children




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.