Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, April 18, 2013

Twisted Wolf Book Review




I received the Book Twisted Wolf for Review through CWA
Review Team. A novel written by Perry Perrett


ISBN: 978-0-9888438-0-6 

List Price: Softcover $14.99
Kindle $2.99
 Page Count: 97

About the Book : The story begins with the tale and life struggles of Josh
Davis. Davis begins his tale with a horrific accident as he is on a hunting trip.
He wrestles with himself as to how a trained army Lieutenant could make such
a mistake and was unable to see what was coming. It almost sent him to his
death, foreshadowing his future wrestle with pride and sin.

 Josh preservers and becomes stronger every day until he is ready for
his deployment. He is a little apprehensive but willing to prove to all that he is
ready for this new part of his life and he does just that along with God.
 Before he knows it he is hobnobbing with members of the white house ,
the chief of staff and the President of the United States. He develops
a fond relationship with the son of the president and soon finds himself
dating and married to the presidents daughter.  But becoming a hero
comes with consequences.

Years later a conservative group asks him to run for president and Josh
agrees. He begins his presidency with the strength of God as his ally but
it's not long before sin is knocking at his door. Once he steps over those
boundaries he turns his face from God and then his real struggles occur.
That sin takes him spiraling into a no return situation. . Now he faces
impeachment for treason and the murder of six Navy SEALs.
Will Josh Davis be able to wrestle out of this one? Will he be able to
face his sin and make things right with God , his wife and the American
people? Read to find out.



 "With a parallel to the Bible story of David and Bathsheba, this
modern-day story takes you onto the battlefield, behind closed doors at
the White House, and in the courtroom before the eyes of the world as
the president has to answer to the charges of murder and immorality.
Twisted Wolf shows the dangers and struggles a man faces when put
to the test. With faith as an underlying theme and issue at the center
of the story, Twisted Wolf delivers a punch not just to the gut but
to the heart as well."

My Thoughts:

I'll be honest with you when I say that this is not my usual genre of
book choice but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.  At the beginning of
the story I am drawn into the hunting trip. Later I see it foreshadowing
the parallel of Josh's fear and his struggle through sin. At this point
we move through his military career. It becomes a little to meticulous
for me with all the military jargon. I struggled through the first 150 or
so pages but pressed on. If you like military action then perhaps you would
enjoy this part. Once we leave the military and join the white
house things become more interesting and I am anxious to read the
rest of the book. Josh's pride and power over take him and he gives
into sin. It was so hard to watch Josh in my mind go through these
things and taint his relationship with God. I can only imagine how hard
it is for our loving Lord and savior to watch us fall and make
sinful mistakes. Josh's heart becomes hard toward God and it takes
love to reveal to him the Truth of his word and the truth of
Josh's life purpose. Once the ending came I thought that the
last few chapters sort of drug a little. I think it would have been
better to end it with less detail and more open ended questions so
that the reader could ask those questions of themselves. Sometimes
the imagination is more powerful . Overall it was an interesting read.
It was fun to step out of my usual form.





About the Author:

Perry is a loving husband and father.
Perry has been a follower of Christ Jesus since 1973, having
accepted God’s grace at age 11. For over twenty years, he served as a Pastor
in Mississippi, Texas, Illinois, and Iowa ranging from Southern Baptist,
independent, to non-denominational.
Even through the mode of communication may change,
Perry will always tell people about God’s grace found in Christ Jesus.


You might also be interested in Looking for Perry at these links.





Warm Blessings,
Nikki


 I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was
not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any
other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing
this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of 
The CWA Review Crew.



The CWA Review Crew- Christian Women Reviewing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.