Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, March 25, 2013

Reflections of Rosalyn by Theresa Franklin


Reflections of Rosalyn  can be purchased on
Amazon for kindle for only $5.95
You can connect to the author on her blog
called the Reading Section.  You may also like to
connect with Theresa Franklin on Twitter.

I received this free copy of Reflections of Rosalyn to review
from the CWA review Crew.

Reflections of Rosalyn begins with a women who has been recently
widowed. She reaches to God and begins to handle the grief within her.
As she works through this difficult time she begins to reflect on her life.
Like pictures of time from her memory Rosalyn shares those moments in
her life that have defined and taught her lessons that God had laid out before
her. As a young girl she struggles with a mother who has become so angry
and withdrawn that she has become militant within her parenting style.
Rosalyn makes that one mistake that she knows her mother will not
be able to forget, she is pregnant. This young girl steps out of her
comfort zone and chooses her course in life.

I pause here. I am on the edge of my seat wondering what will happen
next to this young girl. It is so sad to me that this girl does not have
the support of her family. I think of my own girls and how hard it would
be if they did not have that unconditional love to get through any life experience.
Yet I can see how this one act in this young girls life began to shape who she
would one day become. Something her mother never could seem to reach.
God always has a plan for our lives.
Rosalyn steps out into the large wide world we live in and soon discovers
that not every person has good intentions. Her mother taught her well
in some ways as she knows right where to find help. A pastor reaches out
to her and sets her up working in a nursing home while she awaits the arrival
of her baby. Will Rosie be able to make it through all the hard times? Will
she be able to handle a new baby? What will become of her and what about the
father of the child? All these questions and more will be answered if you
pick up your own copy of Reflections of Rosalyn.



I thought it very clever that the writer takes Rosalyn to a nursing home to
help her begin her family. I can't think of a better place than a home
with all those grandparents. I like how the author transports you from
real time to her memory. You can distinctly tell when she is taking you
back into the story. I could hardly wait each time for each new reveal of
Rosalyn's growing up period. Without giving away to much of the story ,
I did have a hard time with the issue of the father in this story. I know that
acts such as this do occur with authority figures. Yet in this day I don't
think we want to actualize that into a fairy tale, but the ending outweighed that .
 I personally loved this book and would recommend it to any of my adult
friends. I would even hand this story to my teen daughter as a discussion on
 teen pregnancy , authority figures overstepping their bounds, and
what to watch for.

I give this story an A+ and encourage you to pick up your copy today.

Warm blessings,

Nikki

Disclaimer  

I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to
review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I
compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations.
I am part of 



The CWA Review Crew- Christian Women Reviewing


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.