Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Our Final T.R.I.P.



It has been a fun T.R.I.P. and we are going to continue on our journey
as the weeks go but this will be our last post. This is a program that has
become a benefit to my children so we will continue on till the end of the program.
I really can't wait to see if  T.R.I.P.. comes out with a continuation or a part 2.

We have already covered so much ground. If you missed our lessons take a peek...

Introduction to T.R.I.P and the children who are using it.

T.R.I.P. Take Two beginning to see slight improvements

T.R.I.P.Ing Along Improvements in comprehension.


Now let me tell you all about
T.R.I.P. Targeted Reading Improvement program.


The makers of TRIP have a combined 40 years experience working
with special needs children. This program is designed with the ADHD
and dyslexic child in mind. The lesson promote hand- eye-visual coordination.
The program contains 20 lessons for the child to work through in the order
they are presented. For parents there is a video to explain exactly how the
program should be used with your child.
 

The Screens are inviting to the children and the lessons are easy
to access. Simply click the lesson you are working on. (see below)




Word Lists- There are 160 sight words, phonetic words and some spelling.
Parents administer the sections as if they were the tutor. My Older son went
right through these lesson. I used this more as a review for him. I am
no confident that we can move to other things. Ironically he was recently tested.
At the beginning of the school year he tested on a 3rd grade reading level and
now he was tested again and he is reading at an 8th grade level !!!!
Was it all T.R.I.P. ? I'm unsure as he was working in various books at one
time but I do think that T.R.I.P. contributed to his comprehension.
 My younger son is working at a slower pace for mastery of the words
but it is going well and I can't wait to see where this leads us.

(below is a photo of one of the word list and you can print those out)


Flash Practice: The flash practice is a series of pictures, letters, numbers
and words.
They flash on the screen with a choice of three levels of speed.
My olders son used the advanced speed and my younger son used the slowest
speed. Here he is below working on the shapes. This helps the child with
visual -hand- eye coordination for reading fluency. I have noticed that my 7 year
old reverses a, b,d, p, g, q, 4, 5, 2, and reads on as in and in as on. Today I saw
improvement while he was doing his math. He wrote his 5s and 2s the right direction
and the great things was he noticed it too.

Story Card : 10 sight words are practiced along with each story.
Then children can read the story or have it read to them. I had my older
son read them himself and then he answered the comprehension questions.
My younger son would read it aloud and then listen to the recording.
He would finish with the comprehension questions.

(Below is an example of the story card)


The Price of the DVD is $19.99.
You can follow T.R.I.P on Facebook or Twitter.

Warm Blessings,

Nikki

I received a free copy of this DVD to review. I was not required to write a positive
review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions I have expressed are
my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC Regulations. I am part of
The CWA Review Crew.



The CWA Review Crew- Christian Women Reviewing

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.