Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Changing Churches a View from the Pew


ISBN: 967-1-61638-654-2

As of today Amazon has it for sale right now for $13.25
But be aware that that could change tomorrow. (3/9/2013)

List Price: $16.99
Format: Softcover or Kindle
Page Count: 192


Changing churches tells the story of one couples Journey to find
God in their home church and when He seemed missing they
decided to "Change Churches"  I decided to review this book because
I belong to a church where recently we have had a lot of church changers.
I wanted to learn more about the why and the feelings I was having toward
the changers. It has been difficult because I am staff there and it is hard
to see them go. I have kept in touch with many of them and celebrate
with them when they find the church family they are looking for. They are
greatly missed. Gradually the church changes and right now it feels rather
empty. There is a different crowd there than before.  At times
I wonder if I should change as well . I have to ask myself am I wanting to leave 
because of a lack of growth or is it really just missing friends.    Dottie Parish
 explains that not all people will leave. That God may have that person in that
place for a reason. Those words jumped off the page at me.
After much prayer I feel like this is what  God is asking of me. He is asking me
to stay.  I feel him tugging me more into the  Children's ministry.  God spoke to
me in my dreams. That the children would come and one day fill the church.
I have not shared this with anyone . You are the first.
  I am greatly encouraged and truly understand better why people change.
I grew up in my church, my great grandfather was pastor there....
It would be super hard to change. My church spells family all through my
heart. I was really encouraged by this book and would encourage those
that want leave the church or are involved in the ministry to read it.
She also gives churches practical advice when someone does decide
to change churches; like having an exit committee. Very good advice
for church leaders.



FROM THE BACK OF THE BOOK:



Changing Churches describes, through the eyes of one couple the difficult
journey that “church switchers” travel—a journey often precipitated by
disruptive church changes. The book encourages Christ-like transformative
change in churches rather than man-devised makeovers.

76 % of "church switchers are mature Christians according to a Lifeway study.
I looked down on "switchers" until I became one. Then I learned how painful this
journey is. My book, Changing Churches will:

• Give pastors and leaders an empathic understanding of church switchers,
facilitating assimilation.
• Help church switchers grieve their painful journey and resolve historic baggage,
enabling them to fully engage in their new church.

• Broaden members understanding of church changes and the need for
prayerful change.

• Teach members how to winsomely witness, bringing friends into the church.

• Inspire members to serve in ministry and missions, building up the church.




About the Author:


Dottie Parish  has more than 30 years of professional experience
as a counselor. She has experience treating individuals with various issues.
She organized and led The Third Option educational group for married
couples from 1996-2007 .Parish also wrote a weekly advice column, “Family
Counselor,” for more than fifteen years for the Hamilton Journal News,
Hamilton, Ohio. Dottie blogs at Faith Notes. She also writes about marital
issues and family at Tabers Truths.  You can follow her on facebook and
Twitter. You can also like her Facebook Fan page.


Warm Blessings,

Nikki

I received a free copy of this book/Ebook/Product to review. I was not required
to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way. The opinions
I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC
Regulations. I am part of The CWA Review Crew.



The CWA Review Crew- Christian Women Reviewing


1 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review of my book Changing Churches. It's fun to read the blogs of the reviewers and get to know each one a bit. Blessings, Dottie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.