Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, February 1, 2013

Shepherds... and Legos


Luke 2: 8-12
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch
over their flocks at night.
An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory
of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10 But the angel said
to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy
for all the people.
11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you;
he is the Messiah, the Lord.
12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby
wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger



I love how God chooses the Lowly to spread the news. He sends his
Angels to these shepherds. The hard working everyday men. I love that
and not just one angel but Many. This has always been one of my favorite parts
of this story. My study bible says it was believed that these shepherds may have
well been the ones that watched the sheep for sacrifices. I found that interesting
and wanted to share. All the while the Jews are waiting for special news of Jesus
coming and God comes to these Shepherds first. He always knows just what to
do. He gives us a deeper meaning into things and makes us think just by going to
these Shepherds first. This always amazes me.




Christmas is over I know but we have been going through the Digg
devotionals.My boys love Legos so we created some Lego sheep.
I had my older son prepare some ahead of time so that my
younger son would not be discouraged. (and our sunday school class)
The kids could then look at a model and try to create a sheep themselves.
We reenacted the story by using our sheep and Lego men that we Pretended
were shepherds.



We then created our own shepherds and Angels using
Home Grown Learners Lego printable. This is our created shepherd.





And this is our Angel.



We played a game not pictured. You will need some Candy canes and cotton
balls for this activity. I threw out little cotton balls all over
the rug and told children that the cotton balls were sheep.  I showed them
Candy canes and told the children that Shepherds often used the crook of
their canes to gather the sheep. So in an active game we said Go  and children
used the Candy canes only no hands touching cotton to capture and slide their sheep
to a area on the rug. In retrospect I should have used painters tape to tape of an area
for each child so you might want to do that so you kids have a place to slide
their sheep into.



Hope you enjoyed our Lego lesson. It was inspired by the little boys
In Sunday school who bring their Lego men each week.  Look at what
your children like and gear lessons toward their interests.

 

Warm Blessings,

Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.