Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, December 12, 2012

O' Christmas Trees


Have you ever wondered why we have Christmas trees? I have
heard many different reasons but this one is put in away kids can relate
to. I sooo love the What's in the Bible series. . After you watch this video
scroll to the bottom of this post really fast and click the song O Christmas
tree . Then scroll back up and read about our Tree crafts. You will have
music to go with the theme.

O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!


Thy leaves are so unchanging;
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
Thy leaves are so unchanging;
Not only green when summer's here,
But also when 'tis cold and drear.
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
Thy leaves are so unchanging!

Sweet Pea is working on some basic shapes so we created
a shape tree. I precut circles and drew a triangle on her
white paper. She glued the circles to the page trying to keep
it within the triangle. Then we added our rectangle base. One
precut and one we drew. She loves pink.




Much pleasure thou can'st give me;
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
Much pleasure thou can'st give me;
How often has the Christmas tree
Afforded me the greatest glee!
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
Much pleasure thou can'st give me.


Next we made some tree garland to hang over the door.
I cut paper plates into quarters. We painted them green
and decorated them. Later not show we punched a hole
in the top and strung them on a ribbon. Beautiful garland for
our door.


Thy candles shine so brightly!
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
candles shine so brightly!
From base to summit, gay and bright,
There's only splendor for the sight.
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
Thy candles shine so brightly

The next craft we made was pinecone trees. I found a bag
of pinecones at our dollar store and the mini flower pots came
from there too. I put some foam in the bottom of the pot and hot
glued the pinecone to it after we painted it green. Then Sweet
pea added her decorations. They are sitting now on our TV Center.
Here they sit in front of my laptop. I would suggest maybe using
spray paint but we didn't have that and tried to paint them by hand.
Not a covered as we would have liked.






How richly God has decked thee!
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
How richly God has decked thee!
Thou bidst us true and faithful be,
And trust in God unchangingly.
O Christmas Tree! O Christmas Tree!
How richly God has decked thee! !"


We also created ribbon wands from a shower curtain hanger.
I simply knotted pretty ribbon to the circular curtain top .
Then we danced to some Christmas Music and of course
O'Christmas Tree...



 







Merry Christmas Everyone,

Nichole


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.