Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Roller Coaster of Home Education

When I was a teenager I loved Roller Coaster rides. Well , maybe I just pretended to
because it was the cool thing to do. I'm not really sure I enjoyed them enjoyed them.
They loop around fast and I always felt like I was falling out of my seat. My
face felt like I was given a new lift and never mind my stomach. Sometimes the track
was rather slow and smooth . Then you were winding around fast and could barely
see straight.  Yet the next time around I was right back in line with the rest of the
kids. As a almost hheehmm 40 year old adult I no long like roller coasters. Life is
already like one. I don't need the extra ride . Add in home schooling to that mix and
you have the ride of your life. I wouldn't change a thing.

There is so much to learn when you educate at home. It starts off with that
little nudging from a friend (God) You get this feeling that things just aren't
quite right. You realize how amazing your children are. (Well you knew that since
their birth) Suddenly giving up their care seems .... well just not right.


And so your journey begins. You learn all about curriculum, devolopment of children,
learning styles and how to teach. In the beginning you might try to keep school
seperate from Home but it is impossible . One becomes the other. It wields together
like a fine machine. Other times it's not such a fine machine . Rust gets in there and
you have to clean it out and try again. Each day is a new start. Each hour is a new
moment.  Each minute a moment that would have been missed.

The last 3 years have been full of big hills and twists. Daddy has been hospitalized
twice and we had to make major life style changes. In all of this we have schooled
and learned along side one another. When we had to change our eating habits all
of us learned how and are still learning. When daddy had to walk daily we walked
daily with him. He went back to work and then was laid off this time work related
not health related. The changes in what our school day has looked like has been
upside down and right side up but we still learned. This monday Daddy found a new
job, one with rather  long hours. We praise it and struggle with the new changes.
Yet I know we will learn again. Grow again and change again right along
with this new season in our life.
So when the children wake up happy like this I run with it and enjoy the moment
because possibly not minutes later we could be on a roller ride.
For now we will enjoy the light feeling in our tummys and smile.
Laugh and love one another.



Two minutes after these photos. I put that sweet little girl in time out
for yelling no to her mommy and for taking toys from her brother.


We take the good with the not so good.


But most of it is alll Goood. Homeschooling in life and with
life is the best.


Warm blessings,

Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.