Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Beach Trip 2012

Hi. I'm back! We spent the week at Ocean City Maryland and had an
absolute blast. Much needed time away . I came back home feeling more
relaxed and I'm feeling more able to handle the trials and joys of day to day life.
I spent a lot of time praying on this trip. Praying on the long ride while the
children watched a video and my dad drove. I prayed while the kids played
by the oceans edge as I sat and watched them play. I prayed in silence in my
room and I prayed overlooking the bay view. I prayed when it was sunny and
cloudy. I was able to reconnect with God and realized how easy it was to do.
The hustle and bustle of life can not limit me any longer.



I just won't allow it to overwhelm me. I will remember this trip for a long time.
It's been a awhile since I was able to relax.  For the last two years there
has been a constant tension in my heart. I have left it go. Finally I have
released myself. It was me holding it all along.

The drive there was rather relaxing. Until we figured out that Sweet Pea
gets car sick on long trips. If you can imagine a packed Cracker Barrel
restaurant. We were all seated around a large table. Me , the four kids,
Heart and her boyfriend, Mom and Dad. Sweet Pea begins to vomit
as I calmly talk to my dad about getting us more napkins. After 5 children
this is not new. I have had more vomit horror stories. I felt vaguely sorry
for the people seated near us, but what can you do. On the way home
she had a similar experience after eating Breakfast at Dennys. Lucky
for the Denny's staff it occurred in our car. Not to bad for us as we
were prepared and used the kids sand toy bucket. Great $1 store buy.
I may buy another bucket for the kids toys and keep that one for such
occurrences.

(This was our view from our room. I hated to leave it. )

This was Sweet Peas second time at the beach but she was a baby
last time. I thought she'd be hesitant about the waves. She was not.
She was much braver than I thought she'd be. I spent my first day chasing
her around making sure she didn't over step her bounds. She learned after that
what was safe but mostly she found the sand and dug and dug and dug.


Spirit and Sweet Pea pose for photos before playing and again below.


Princess and Superboy I barely got photos of them . They would swim father out.
They weren't able to go to far as there were terrible riptides. I read scary stories
of families not swimming when the lifeguards were present and even then its not a
guarantee you will be safe. These two had a great time. One day Superboy
found a friend and that day we spent extra time at the beach.

The tides were so rough that the goggles on Superboys face in this photo were
Riped from his head to never be seen again. We later bought new ones on
the board walk.

See the little cut on Sweet Peas chin, as we were getting accustomed
to  our room she fell and hit her chin on the coffee table.
Poor gal cried a bit but soon it was forgotten. Easy to be forgotten
when you have so much fun going on around you.


We all just played, ate and slept whenever we felt like it. One such evening the
little ones and I napped and the olders ran around. When they came back
they wanted to sleep and the littles were ready to go so I took them out to
the boardwalk alone. We found some play equipment on the sand and they
worked out some energy. Sweet pea in this photo was a little cold. After
we put on a sweater.


This is my favorite of Spirit. I wish it had come out better. It was night
and I was using a different setting on my camera. It looks as
If it is day. After playing we walked 10 blocks down the boardwalk shopping
and enjoying the coastal breeze.


We not only visited the beach but it's a tradition to visit Frontier Town.
The older kids sort of groaned about going so I took Spirit for his
second time there. It is fast becoming his favorite place.

View of one side of town.

The staff at Frontier town are dressed in cowboy attire and provide many different shows
for the children. After opening flag ceremony the kids are sworn in as deputies.
Spirit is in blue with his sticky mustache on.


After which time everyone is to be clean shaven for the activities to come.
Spirit in the chair.

I always find the Native American show to be the most interesting for me. Here they
are preforming a drumming chant. I barely know my biological father but was told
that his mother said that they are from a Native American decent. I wish I knew
where or what group. I am always wondering where I"m from. This intrigues me even
more. Perhaps one day I'll know.

My little desperate Dan visiting the jail house.


We also had some lunch in the saloon and watched the can can show.
Of course we couldn't leave without a new gun and cowboy hat.
Gun to be used later in civil war studies. :)


Here is a photo of Sweet pea with her doll in matching clothing. We
decided to one night to eat out and dress the kids up for fun.
We ate at Jonah and the whale . I must say it was amazing. Yummm.


It was a fun trip. I am glad to be home and am starting to get excited about
the upcoming school year. I have a lot rolling around in my head that I want
to get on here to help me visualize more what I want. Soon to be several
school posts. Before I go a few bay side shots of the kids.


Spirit and Sweet pea


Superboy and Spirit


Princess


Cousins....

My four. I wish Heart was in it too. She came for one day and left because of work.
That day went so fast I never got photos. Perhaps future visits.

Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am and can reconnect with
your family.

Warm Blessings,

Nikki




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.