Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Croquet

It has been so long since I have played this game. I remember
my brother and I setting this up and playing it with the neighbor kids.
I'm not sure if kids play this game anymore but that didn't bother us.
We pulled out an old from my dads barn. I often see these at yards
sales for basically nothing. Next time you see one grab a set it was
loads of fun. I'm sure we will play another day.



Our yard isn't as large as the suggested size of the playing area but the kids
didn't mind or notice. I'm not going to even attemp to explain how its played.
I will send you here. www.ehow.com/croquet/ You fill find everything
you need to know about how to play the game.


Over the years I think we have made modified versions of the game.
We are playing it as a family so what ever you come up with will be fun.
It might even be fun at the end to let the kids make up how they think
it should be played.


We had to teach the little ones how to swing the mallet.
Once they figured that out it was easy sailing.



A little strategy, a little exercise and little sunshine makes for a nice
afternoon. We  played in the evening hours when it began to cool off some.



Warm
Blessings,

Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what cute photos! They remind me completely of when my little brother and I used to play croquet in my grandparent's backyard when I was a youngster.

    Thank you very much for letting me know about the Pinterest board cap. I hadn't heard about that yet. I've got a ways to go still, but I could see getting there at some point, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually very frustrated with it. I want to continue creating a place for educators and I don't like the topics being so large. Its hard to navigate.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.