Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Learning Landforms



Learning landforms can be lots of fun. Maybe a little confusing but fun too. We found
Pictures of different landforms from books and then created this salt dough model of
the forms. We made little flags to represent each but I labeled them for you so they
are easier to pick out. We used a salt dough recipe.

Basic Salt Dough Recipe

Ingredients:

 
1 cup of fine salt

1 cup of flour

1/2 cup of water (may add more)

 
Instructions:

 
In a large bowl, combine the salt and the flour

Make a well in the salt/flour mixture and add the water

Knead until smooth and shape into a ball

When not in use, wrap in plastic or store in an airtight container



HINT: To get a softer dough you can add more flour. Adding more salt will lend a more
granulous affect. . To add color to your dough, use different types of flour or
add food coloring, kool aid or paint.

Knead to get an even color.We used food coloring because it is what we had on hand.






This is a closer view of the waterfall. Love that. Spirit loved this dough so much.
He played with it after with trucks and things. The dough was great as grainy
rocks for his truck to move around. It was an awesome tactile experience.
I'm glad I took a picture to save the orginal idea.

My K child loved this activity . It was a great hands on expience and I believe he
got all of the land forms down.

Warm blessings,
Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.