Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, May 5, 2012

Illness Keeps me Down



As Promised I want to share with you what has been keeping me from
my little blog spot. It started way back in December before we were
ready to move. I had some sort of stomach virus and after I got this
terrible pain under my ribcage in the middle of the night. It kept me up
for 2-3 hours. This occurred twice and went away. I didn't think much of it.

Now fast forward to April. The family all has stomach virus and I again
wake in the night with terrible pain under my rib cage. Again I'm thinking
this is a stomach virus. After a week and a half and two wake up painful
nights I went to the Dr. He thought it was a viral infection and told me
if the pain came back he could give a shot to relax the muscles. This was
a knock me out illness. I 'd sleep all day and then turn around and sleep
all night. I'd feel ok one day and then the next sleeping again and pain.

I had gotten some blood work done returned for a follow up. Everything
seemed great. My blood pressure had been a little high . I had lost 9lbs
and brought the blood pressure to normal. The healthy diet I was on
felt pretty good. Then one random night the pain came back. It wasn't
to bad so I added it up to a one last hurray of viral and so did the Dr.
since I visited him for my follow up a few days after it happened.

Timeline- this was going on a month now. So then Wed evening we
had some haddock, corn, garlic pasta and I had maybe 5-6 steamed shrimp
in old bay. I woke up that night with terrible pain again. This time it went
all the way around to my back. I struggled to breathe . I probably should
have gone to the ER Looking back. I kept talking myself out of it . I
Slept sitting up to relieve the pain after 4 hours of severe pain.
I finally fell asleep at 6 hour mark. The next day my Dr. wasn't in
so I scheduled for the following day. I spent the day he wasn't in
sleeping and sleeping again. When I'd walk I  was extremely dizzy.
I couldn't eat a thing I had so much nausea.  (Most of my nurse friends
Kept telling me they thought I should have my gall bladder checked)

So yesterday armed with some information I went back to the Dr.
I walked in stood at the receptionist desk and about passed out.
The Dr. pushed around where the the pain originated.  He said that
My gall is more off to my right so he didn't believe at all that it was
that. He felt it was related to my Esophagus. He called it Acute Esophagitis.
Now I"m not a Dr. but as explained to me I have swelling where
my Esophagus and my stomach meet. This will probably be a continual
issue if I don't watch certain foods I eat. I read more about it online
and it comes from food allergies, taking pills without water, and
various other things that didn't apply to me.

I am hoping and praying this is right. He said if its not this we have
to take a look at my heart. EKG, chest x-ray etc...(thinking heart attack)
 I'd rather it was this. I'm resting today. He gave me
some meds. I'm taking them religiously and I have changed my diet.
He said I wouldn't always have to stay
away from acid type foods, spicy or fried foods but that I'd always have
to watch how much of those I had. If this is what it is. I'm ready
for the change and the challenge. Armed with that we went
grocery shopping last night to get some foods I could eat.

I did not wake with severe pain last night . I am very afraid it will
happen again. It was soo scary. I can feel an ache there often and
sometimes when I move awkward I can feel it too. I'll take one
day at a time one change at a time. I never thought anyone
would get me from eating so much salt but it was easier than
I thought. In fact I think most foods now taste to salty. So If
I can change that in a short few weeks. I can change this too.

I will just keep praying that these meds help, Which I'll be
On for 15 days. Otherwise the Dr. will order a complete workup. :(
So I may be in and out of my blog. Just praying with my whole
heart that this is it and its not something worse.


Warm blessings,
Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.