Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Qualities




What type of qualities would you like for your son to have
after they leave the nest? (or while they are home)


Many of the character traits I'd like to see in my son
are already there, some need more work and Some are well
defined. I don't want my son to go out into the world and
become a burden to his wife one day. Do others think
about this? I think the thought is more in the forefront with
the way things are today. It seems more and more men
leave their families or are lazy about taking care of their
families. Of course I am not generalizing there are many
women that make a mess of things too. Just the thought
is on my son in this post. So it got me to thinking what
qualities do I want him to possess. Here are the top 10
I am sure there are more. What would be your 10
wish list of things of importance for you to pass to your
son. Sometimes I think it's harder because we are the
mom to relate to our boys. We have to find ways to
do that and still make men.

Top 10 Qualities ...

1. Christan Character- My hope is that he will
first reflect the character and qualities of Christ in
his life.

"...Be conformed to the image of [God's] Son." (Romans 8:29)

2. Determination- Accomplishing his goals in God's time.
Being all that God intends him to become.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course,
I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me
the crown of righteousness." (2 Timothy 4:7,8)

3. Patience- Accepting what comes to him. Being patient
with Women and children . Understanding their feelings
and really listening to them.

"Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and
always be prayerful." (Romans 12:12 NLT)

4. Wisdom- Desiring God and knowing how to apply that
To his life. Being able to discern what is important to
him and his family.

"Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands
are my constant guide." (Psalm 119:97-98)

5. Attentiveness- Acknowledging the worth of other
people. Paying attention to the words and ideas of
others.

"...We must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard,
or we may drift away from it." (Hebrews 2:1 NLT)

6. Cautiousness but boldness at the same time.
knowing when to act and when to wait. All in Gods
timing.

"Zeal without knowledge is not good; a person who
moves too quickly may go the wrong way." (Proverbs 19:2 NLT)

7. Commitment- Committing self to Christ and to
others .

"Guard that which is committed to thy trust." (1 Timothy 6:20)

8. Compassion- Willing to help others and lend a hand w
when it is needed.

"And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand,
and touched him." (Mark 1:41)

9. Dependability- Others being able to rely on him
when he is needed. Knowing that he will do what he
says and mean it.

"Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be
found faithful." (1 Corinthians 4:2)

10. Endurance- In this world we need to be able move
forward in life no matter what comes our way.

"And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due
time we shall reap if we do not grow weary." (Galatians 6:9)

When I started this list I thought it would be difficult to
complete but honestly I could have written several more
once I got started
.
Add you thoughts in the comments section. What
qualities would you want your son to possess or daugher?

Blessings
Nikki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.