Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, October 29, 2011

Letting Go




Today I just want to talk.
It can be so difficult raising children. On the day
of their birth you are suddenly full of joy, fear and love.
Emotions I can't even describe in words. You follow
them as they grow . Worrying over their every move.
Worrying about each situation and how it will affect them.
Then one day you blink and they are grown up and fighting
for their Independence. I know this is how it is supposed to
be but it doesn't make it any easier to see/ be a part of.
You know that they have earned this and you have
earned the joy of seeing them fly.

It doesn't make it easier to deal with. I have always
been a mom involved. One who knew where her kids
were at all times. They surrounded me. I enjoyed every
second of it. Now Heart is ready to grow and move on.
It's what all my work was for but I'll miss it, Miss her
so terrible. I know she will still be here but much less
and that makes it difficult. I have four more children to
go through this with. I doubt it will get easier as they
leave the nest. I have talked about this before I know.
It is heavy on my heart at times. It's strange to have this
feeling and have a toddler. I busy myself with that and
hopes for all of them right down to the smallest.

I know this is why God put me here which makes
me wonder all the more if I am choosing successfully
for them. I suppose we all question ourselves and
this feeling will pass over tomorrow and return on
occasion. It is time to find my new role as a mom.
of an adult child. New territory indeed.


Warm Blessings,
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. It is hard. My 19 year old is on her own and has been for almost 2 years now. When she comes to visit, calls or needs advice, it's very hard to not resort back to the role of parenting a small child. When we see the mistakes that she's making, sometimes we just have to sit back and let her make them, so that she can learn. That's the hardest of all. Heart will she need you, but not in the way she always has. She will need you to give her advice, but she may not necessarily accept it. You will need to learn to respect her decisions, even though you think they're wrong and also learn to listen a lot more than talk. Most of the time they just want a sounding board. I know you will do well. My almost 15 year old wants to be treated older and not like a child. How can you do that, when they still act like a child in some ways? I think giving more responsibility is in order for my middle daughter. Bring on the fun!
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It is so hard to let them make mistakes. I see what that is but know I have to step back and allow her to make them but it's hard. I really like her having the support of the home while she is in college but I understand her wanting to step out of it. Everyone else is why shouldn't she want that independence. It just hard to think sometimes that that little girl is all grown up.

    Blessings
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.