Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, September 19, 2011

Toddler Time- Blocks and Pouring

Tot School

Toddler time this week was so much fun. "Sweet
Pea didn't use the tools as I thought she would but she had a
wonderful time learning . This weeks concept Basket was filled
with Foam blocks I bought at the dollar store and our balance.





She began by filling the balance containers. I tried to
show her how it moves up and down as it fills up .




But she was more interested in pouring them into each
other and out again into the basket.





Our concept basket has been working wonderfully. It is
doing just what I wanted it to do. It is providing Sweet pea with
guided learning play and something to keep her busy. I'm
not sure why Mondays are so hard for her but they are. She
wants every ones attention and everyone is busy.



Art- We usually only do one art project during Toddler time.
On occasion she might play with materials the others are using .
I don't want to stress myself out with this this is why I
created it just this way.

This week we made pretend apples pies. We painted them
brown, added paper apples and then sprinkled Cinnamon
on them. They smelled lovely.





Songs and Finger plays:
I sat "Sweet pea" on my knee and bounced her
as I said this rhyme. I bounce her differently
for each part of the rhyme. She loves this.

This is the way the ladies ride:
Tri, tre, tre, tree, Tri, tre, tre, tree!
This is the way the ladies ride:
Tri, tre, tre, tree, tri-tre-tre-tree!

This is the way the gentlemen ride:
Gallop-a-trot, Gallop-a-trot!
This is the way the gentlemen ride:
Gallop-a-gallop-a-trot!

This is the way the farmers ride:
Hobbledy-hoy, Hobbledy-hoy!
This is the way the farmers ride:
Hobbledy hobbledy-hoy!


We also listened to a CD song of Farmer and the Dell.
The kids picked up stuffed animals for each of the
people/animals the farmer picked.


The farmer in the dell
The farmer in the dell
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The farmer in the dell

The farmer takes a wife
The farmer takes a wife
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The farmer takes a wife

The wife takes a child
The wife takes a child
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The wife takes a child

The child takes a nurse
The child takes a nurse
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The child takes a nurse

The nurse takes a cow
The nurse takes a cow
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The nurse takes a cow

The cow takes a dog
The cow takes a dog
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The cow takes a dog

The dog takes a cat
The dog takes a cat
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The dog takes a cat

The cat takes a rat
The cat takes a rat
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The cat takes a rat

The rat takes the cheese
The rat takes the cheese
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The rat takes the cheese

The cheese stands alone
The cheese stands alone
Hi-ho,The derry-o
The cheese stands alone



The older kids got involved too. It became a challenge to
run around the room collecting animals.



Reading Time- We are still reading lots of board books.
To many to name them all. The time is quiet. I name
pictures in the book and she points to them. Sometimes
she points to them and I name them. We have gotten
to the point of trying to repeat the words I am saying.
Her speech is progressing nicely.



If you'd like to learn more about how I set up our
Toddler time you can find my planning sheets and organization.
Here



Blessings

Nikki






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.