Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Build it , Tell It

I read to Spirit a few words about boats and Creating boats
in play. There was a wonderful poem in our Rhyme time book
about Creating a boat with pillows , which of course we did. It
was a lot of fun singing these type of songs and to begin
building words to his vocabulary.


Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Row, row, row your boat,
gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.


Tugboat
Chug, chug, chug,
I'm a little tug.
I pull a big boat,
Chug, chug, chug.
Practicing to speak out loud in complete sentences is
a beginning step to one day writing skills. Spirit after
listening to some poetry created this boat out of blocks.


Once he created the blocks. I had him tell me in complete
sentences all about his boat. To help things feel a little
more formal and fun you can create a pretend speaker
or talk into a recorder. I was so please to hear him tell
how the boat had ramps for those in wheel chairs. :)

You can elaborate on this by writing a few of the
sentences down for your child. This helps to Model how
the writing process starts. How your thought process works and
how to create ideas for writing.
Blessings
Nikki


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.