Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Makes a HERO...


Art by Superboy Age 9

What makes a person a hero...

Is it doing something amazing like being shot out of a cannon?
Is it having God like powers?
Is it giving all you own to the the needy or to anyone?
Is it a person who gives out rewards or prizes?
Is it saving a persons life from an accident or from substance abuse?
Is is being a famous athlete, actor or politician?
Is it a sandwich..?

The dictionary defines a hero as each of the above. I have
been thinking about what a hero is to me this week after reading
Chapters 1 and 2 in the book of Ruth.

My study bible says " A hero is easier to admire than to define."
Hero's often are unconscious of being a hero. They aren't always
known as hero's to those they meet. A hero is someone who does
the right thing at the right time. Boaz in these chapters of Ruth
demonstrates his heroism by keeping his word, being sensitive to others
needs, having integrity and taking responsibility for his actions.
Something maybe not to many men have in our society today.
(or women)

My guy Superboy loves the superhero comics, where justice prevails.
The villain usually has some sort of scheme to take over the world, but
the hero always get his man. The old good vs. evil. These Characters
that Boaz demonstrates is qualities I would like to give and recieve
from everyday people. Many friends have helped us this year. Have
been by our side through much struggle. I have questioned God.. I have
questioned why I am here when the struggles are so overpowering at times.
Yet through all of this.. Through all the financial, Heart failure,
Strife in the news and spiritual warfare. I have come to realize that all
along God has been with me. (and with you) He has been with my entire family
in the form of mini heros. Each one coming to us as ordinary people who
do NOT define themselves as such, because of their powerful
character they do not see it. I no longer question God. God is as he
does. Love prevails all anguish, all struggle and all of time. God's love. Those
simple moments of standing by what you say, helping when we cried for
help made such a difference to our family. God does all those things and
you can too. So maybe you don't know your a Hero but today I say
you are. My hope is that my sons and daughters will see and follow His
(Jesus) example and That I may also lead the life of a Hero...

Doing what is good and right.
Doing as I say I will.
Taking responsibility for my actions
for my family.
Loving those who can't love themselves.
Showing intergrity.

So ladies I say pick up your dust mops, wash those little faces,
smile with joy, read stories with enthusiasm, keep your promises
of snuggles and baked cookies because you too are a HERO!!



1 comments:

  1. Greate article. Keep posting such kind of info on your site.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You've performed a fantastic job. I'll certainly digg
    it and in my view suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site.
    Feel free to visit my web-site :: free iphone

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.