Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Crafts


Happy Valentines Day everyone....
We will be celebrating God's love all week long , but wanted
to share some of our crafty fun from this past week.

Since we are not attending any special valentines parties this
year, we decided to have one at home. Each of the children were
given treats to share with their siblings. They took those treats and
paper supplies to create Valentines for the others. I have not seen
all of them yet , but I do know what Spirit made because I helped him.

We made playdough cupcakes to give out. Playdough is so him..
I made the playdough with this recipe.

1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until
smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic
bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

He formed the balls to make them . Then added glitter heart
stickers to the top and sequins around the sides. After this photo
I put them in plastic bags with ribbons around the tops to keep
the dough soft for playing.


The next craft we made was a heart name bug. The letters of
Spirits name was on each heart. I colored them out with pink in
the paint program , but you get the idea. He had to then put the
letters together to spell his name and decorated his Valentine bug.
This really came out adorable. A lovely refridgerator decoration.

Lastly we strung beads onto a pipe cleaner then formed them
into hearts. I only have Spirits pictured here but the older children
had many more beads on them. He tends to tire of this task
rather quickly. (we happened to have beads left over from our
candy canes at Christmas)



Share in the love and peace with your family today.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.