Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wiseman Crowns


Matthew 2:1-12
1 Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea. This happened while
Herod was king of Judea.After Jesus’ birth, Wise Men from the east
came to Jerusalem. 2 They asked, “Where is the child who has been
born to be king of the Jews? When we were in the east, we saw
his star. Now we have come to worship him.”

My little man this year in our Christmas play will be a wise man.
The crowns our church had have been worn over the years so
I decided to create new ones.


3 When King Herod heard about it, he was very upset.
Everyone in Jerusalem was troubled too. 4 So Herod called together
all the chief priests of the people. He also called the teachers of the
law. He asked them where the Christ was going to be born.5
“In Bethlehem in Judea,” they replied. “This is what the prophet has
written. He said,6 ” ‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are certainly not the least important among the towns of Judah.
A ruler will come out of you.He will be the shepherd of my people
Israel.’ ” —(Micah 5:2)7 Then Herod called for the Wise Men secretly.
He found out from them exactly when the star had appeared. 8 He sent
them to Bethlehem. He said, “Go! Make a careful search for the
child. As soon as you find him, bring me a report. Then I
can go and worship him too.”

Trying to be frugal this year. I have collected many cereal boxes. I have
found that the cardboard has been very useful to me and will continue
to collect them. I cut the box so I could use the maximum space and drew
about the shape of my crowns. You can easily use a Burger king crown
if you have one near you. It would save you on cutting time.


9 After the Wise Men had listened to the king, they went on their
way. The star they had seen when they were in the east went
ahead of them. It finally stopped over the place where the child
was. 10 When they saw the star, they were filled with joy
.
We purchased Gold spray paint at Walmart for only about $3.
I was really happy with how well it covered the cereal box.
We also cut out a cross for the top of the crown (seen below)
and Spray painted that gold as well. You will also want to cut
from you cardboard stripes of board about 1 a half inch thick for
added support and to sew your fabric to it. Helps to hide all the
stitching.


11 The Wise Men went to the house. There they saw the
child with his mother Mary. They bowed down and worshiped
him. Then they opened their treasures. They gave him
gold, incense and myrrh.

Now my material for the crown was actually a felt type blanket
from walmart. They were on sale for $2. I was thinking I could make
some stockings from the material as well. I also bought the red ribbon
with white from the Christmas section. Cut a circle shape from the
felt. Make sure it is about 2 inches larger than your crown. This will help
when you begin sewing. you can also measure you your ribbon
as shown above.



From the bottom of the crown you can see that we used
the sewing machine and sewed the cardboard cross directly
to the material and ribbon. I kept the stitches to the middle
since I am also applying glitter glue to that area. The stitching
will not be seen. I then measured my crown size and my stripes
to match the size. Then sewed the material to my cardboard
stripes. Not yet to the crown itself. After that was sewn then
we sewed it to the crown. We did the stitching of the crown
and cardboard by hand. I was concerned about breaking a
machine needle. It was difficult to push the needle through but
This way there wont be any staples to worry about. You could
staple it if you were sewing savvy or even duct tape. No one will
be looking in the inside except maybe your child.


12 But God warned them in a dream not to go back to
Herod. So they returned to their country on a different road.
Lastly we embellished with sticky gems and glitter glue.
A crown was created. Could also be used for a medieval
party or other studies of kings.






1 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.