Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Spirit of Christmas...How do I find it..


Hello all, Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
I think that might be only the second time I have said that
this year. Spirit said it to me last night after going to the
store. He came home and said "Merry Christmas Mom."
I returned the cordials. I asked why he said it and he said
that everyone in the store was saying it. :) I guess I am not
much in the spirit of things. We missed a lot of our holiday
things this year due to the weather. Those things are all
musical in content. I suppose I ought to just turn some
music on the radio today as I go about getting things ready.
That probably will help. We missed Caroling, Our church
Cantata, and Hearts Christmas choir concert. Again all
musical in content. I never realized what a big part
music played in how I felt but it seems to have a big effect.
Without it it just seems like something is missing.

That is how it is for me when I am trying to find God
in my heart. If I am trying to pray and feel God with me
but just am not quit ready to feel Him there...
I play some praise music on the CD player
to help uplift my Spirit. Oh, I know he was there all along
but for some reason there are times I feel so alone.
Times I wonder where is God? The music helps me
find my frame of mind. It puts me in the right place to
approach God and worship him.

Now I have to tell you that this post wasn't supposed
to turn out this way. I had in mind to tell you a little
of this and a little of that going on in our lives. God has
away of helping when you really need it. I have been
praying for weeks now. Feeling lost as if I can't get ahold of
God. Feeling like I must be a lost sheep. As I type this I
realized I have forgotten to really worship God. Somehow in
the business of the season or through all our many trials
and joys I forgot. I'm not sure how or why it happened but
it has. The menial tasks around the house that typically
I really enjoy I no longer enjoy . They didn't feel
menial to me at all before. I have lost that joy. Hm where is
my music. Its not in my heart where it belongs. It is
so strange how fast we can forgot. (pause while I look
up Song in the bible)

Pslam 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth
sing to him a pslam of praise.

Pslam 96 1-2
Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, priase his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.


I have so much to do today just as many of you do.

I need to wrap gifts
Bake cookies
make candy
Shop for that one more thing
Pick up a perscription
clean up the house
bathe the children
Do a math powerpoint with
Superboy
Read a story a Christmas story to Spirit
wash some laundry

and praise God.

It shouldn't be at the bottom of my list so I will
be sure to move it to the top Or even while I work.

Just as I am reminding myself right now.
Speak to God. Speak to him all day everyday
and Sing Praises.

(as a side note: Dads work restrictions were lifted except
for a new one. He can not lift over 50lbs. raised from 30lbs.
We have been awaiting his works answer as to weather he
can come back to work all week. They fear complications of
his heart condition. So we wait to hear the answer. )


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.