Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The First Thanksgiving


Learning about the first Thanksgiving for little
ones can be fun. I was looking for away to help
Spirit understand a little about what happened. I
wanted him to learn about the fight for free religion
and the friendship. I found this cute song on the internet
and used it to create a book we could read over and over
again staring my little guy. The cover of his book features
his cute little hand. I painted his palm brown and his fingers
different colors. Then we turned it into a turkey. Since
he is so young I walked him through each drawing step. I think
he did pretty good. (the song is sung to the tune of the
muffin man)


For our pilgrim page I decided to use a photo of Spirit
in his Pilgrim hat. He especially injoys showing his family
members this page.
The Pilgrams sailed to America
America, America.
The Pilgrams sailed to America
A long, long time ago.


Next we had to created the mayflower. I used
simple shapes cut from construction paper for him to
paste on the page. He added blue water with his crayon.

They Sailed on the Mayflower
Mayflower, Mayflower.
They Sailed on the Mayflower
A long long time ago.


Next we created an Native American with a circle
shape using a compass. He pasted the pieces I cut
out ahead of time and added the feathers to the headband.
They made friends with the Indians
Indians, Indians.
They made friends with the Indians
A long, long time ago.




For the corn I cut a oval type shape from construction
paper . Spirit took tissue paper and squished it up
to created colored corn.
They planted seeds, the corn grew tall.
Corn grew tall, corn grew tall.
They planted seeds, the corn grew tall.
A long, long time ago.





Our last page features a turkey feast from
a coloring page.
They had a great Thankgiving feast.
Thanksgiving feast, Thanksgiving Feast.
They had a great Thanksgiving feast
A long long time ago.

The great thing about this book is that we can read
it over and over and share it with family.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.