Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, October 27, 2009

C is for Cowboy


Songs
The Little Cowboy Song - sung to "I'm a Little Teapot"
I'm a little cowboy.
Here is my hat (point to self, then to hat)
Here are my spurs (point to your heels)
And here are my chaps (pat legs)
As soon as I get up, (stretch, pretend to wake up)
I work all day (pretend to lasso a cow)
I get on my horse (pretend to get on a horse)
And ride away. (Pretend to gallop on a horse)

All Day I Ride on the Prairie(tune: My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean)
All day I ride on the prairie.
All night I sleep on the ground.
Oh, I am a roaming cowboy,
Who travels around and around.
Move on, move on, move on,
Little doggies, move on, move on.
Move on, move on, move on,
Little doggies move on.


Books we read..

Armadillo Rodeo Jan Brett
(This was the most adorable book ever. I want to
get this one for our personal library.)
Little Red Cowboy Hat ~ Susan Lowell
Cactus Hotel ~ Brenda Guiberson
What Do Cowboys Do ~ Carla GreeneYippee Yay ~ Gail Gibbons


CraftSpirit created the adorable paper bag
vest to wear while he rode around on his horse.
(Pictured at the top of the page) The red on each vest
side was a stripe of red paper that he practiced his
cutting skills with by cutting fringes. He then stuck on some
gold stars and circle stickers.


PlayPlace beans and corn kernals in a bowl and
used tongues to transfer them to another dish.

Took his horse on a stick and went on a trail ride around
the house. Especially good since it was a rainy day.


Math- Cactus book
Cut the shape of a cactus. write a number on each
page. Then glue on that many tooth picks for the pricklies.
Adorable..

Writing-Practices writing the letter C and work on our
C for our C book..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.