Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Arrival


Welcome to my first post on my new blogspot. It seems only fitting to announce our new family member on my very first entry here at blogger. My darling little girl was finally born on Aug. 19, 2009. She weighed at birth 9lbs. 14.4 oz. Just like my other children she was heading into the larger size for a newborn, so an induction was scheduled a week early. Things don't always go as expected. The whole process was slow and my labor was generally fairly easy. With that ease came a longer time frame of actually being in labor. Labor time took about 15 hours till delivery. My precious girl arrived without a sound. Daddy followed the Dr. to watch and keep his eyes on his little one. Always the biggest grin you will ever see on that mans face comes from the birth of a new child. He was ever eager to hold our little "Sweet Pea" Our little one wrapped all snug in her blanket without a care in the world. The nurse whispered "Welcome to this world little one" Which almost disturbed me. The word world brings up many disturbing images. I brush that feeling aside and smile and that new little face with her sweet baby smells. At this moment all is well with our world.

Recovery went fairly well. It is hard to rest in the hospital with so many nurses coming in and out. Our room was nestled in the corner hallway so I wasnt disturbed as often. At times my blood pressure would plummet and they would have to give me some medication to regulate it. Daddy wouldn't leave me until he knew I was well. He snuggled our little sweety when I couldn't and brought her to me so I could at least see her little face. Once I was well enough he headed home to mange things there and I stayed and tried to sleep as best as I could. The children came to visit the next day which almost made me cry seeming them interact so well with their new sister.

Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

John 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.



4 comments:

  1. Congrats and what a beautiful baby girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki!!

    So glad to see your baby-- I've been waiting to see her-- on your blog!! :) She is beautiful!!!

    Enjoy your "baby moon" and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations, you have a beautiful new baby and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Nikki!! She is beautiful :-)

    In Christ,
    Sallie

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my blog. All comments will be answered here on my blog Thanks for commenting and stopping by.
Nikki

Keep in Touch

I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment or leave a message in my message box. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank- you for visiting Angels of Heart.

Rejoice in the Lord Always.